not a lotus eater

I have always known that I am not (at all) a clingy person and I have never belonged to any cliques. I don't fancy the idea of going everywhere with only a particular person nor being associated with any groups of friends only. I get suffocated easily. I really treasure my privacy and I'd like the boundaries to be drawn; that I enjoy spending some time to myself and that I sometimes, work best when I am alone. I guess I do not want to be too dependent on others.

So the idea of being posted to a school where everyone and everything pretty much is another world did not really bother me. Yes, anyone should be nervous with many thoughts swirling in their heads, but I was really looking forward to it. I don't mind that there will not be any familiar faces. The prospect of starting out clean and new thrills me.

What I am really trying to say is there will come a time when we need to meet other people, go to new places, broaden our minds and learn something from others. Of course, no man is an island but I think that it's also high time that some of us need to try to shed that cliquish behaviour; that obvious dependency which to me is naturally annoying.

Of course, everyone needs friends, especially a confidante. But maybe I am just not like some. Without my friends whom I dearly missed, I feel a good degree of absence, but there are times that I am happiest alone.

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)