just a thought

It scares me to think that I might be doing the same thing come another 10 years--like, pretty much the same routine every.single.day. Ever since things at work have started to appear extremely difficult to handle, my mind has found its way to work at its best-contemplating.

No, the teaching is fine. In fact, it has nothing to do with the teaching task at all. Perhaps, change is all I need. I don't fancy the idea of being attached to one place too long a time -- I fear of developing complacency. And bored is not even the word to describe how I would end up feeling. Resent, perhaps?

Actually, I can't quite believe that I am even considering this issue. After all, this is one childhood dream that I have battled for and won quite gloriously. But I have to be honest--more often than not, I quietly wish for a better opportunity to come my way. Oh my. I don't even get it why I am reconsidering my options when I should be very thankful that I am securely employed. I did not even have to apply for it and I easily got it without worrying about any walk-in interviews.

I just wish that teachers don't have to be swamped with nonsensical stuffs, tedious paperwork, and the never ending clerical work. Of course, I would need something out of this world to make them disappear but really, if those things are not in any way burdening, I would be a lot happier.

Just when I thought my Monday couldn't get more depressing. Hurmm...

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)