a meeting to (not) remember

So yesterday broke all personal records ever since I started work in my school. I left the school compound at approximately 5.56pm and that was absolutely one heck of an achievement. And absolutely an awful experience.

School finished at 1.50pm but I had to remain there as there was the Mesyuarat Kurikulum to attend to at 2.30pm. I was the new (ehem) Penolong Penyelaras Headcount so I was required to be there (which proved to be a total waste of 3 and a half hours of my time). I just wish that meetings shouldn't be prolonged. Pretty much ruined my Thursday, but it wasn't the meeting which bothered me much. What happened during the meeting did.

The highlight of the meeting : 'quarreling'.

I appreciate that people do have their own piece of mind but things could have been discussed rationally and more 'civilised'. After all, we are teachers and we're the professionals. So, any comments or dissatisfaction should be addressed professionally so to speak. I was really taken aback with a few who I might say, went way overboard with statements which are deemed so harsh and a bit 'kampung'. I really pity the PK Kurikulum who was attacked publicly with accusations which I thought could have been saved for future personal appointments. Undoubtedly most of what was being voiced contained truths in them, but I believe we know better than not to raise our voice to people of the higher position and I believe we do know what is meant by 'saving other's face'.

It was embarrassing, really. And such a sad occurence.

And we say we are to be respected when we (read : some) still need to know how to do so.

I really think I shouldn't be there because clearly, I didn't gain anything. Everything was total gibberish and draggy and I wish I could have been saved from all the drama.

I could have gone to the gym, too, and work that cardio, baby!

I went home feeling like a total lost child thinking all the way home why was I in there in the first place? Oh, right. I am the new Penolong Penyelaras Headcount, which , in all honesty, I don't even know what I am supposed to do.

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)