you smile, i smile

I've never dreamt of doing a pre-wedding photo shoot at all. It was never in the plan. However, when a budding photographer friend offered to shoot us, I said why not? I was even more ecstatic when Rizal said yes - considering how camera shy he is.

We headed to The Curve as early as 8.30 am, trying to reach there by 9.00 am in the hopes of avoiding the public. It was drizzling that morning all the way there so my heart sank because there's no way we could do this in the rain. Alhamdulillah, just when we stepped out to The Walk, we could see a ray of light from the sky.

Didn't know what to expect, we just stood there while Eda and Yuzni were trying to get their equipments ready, testing and what not. They were snapping away but we just stood there like the National Monument Haha To cut things short, the session started off pretty funny with Rizal acting real awkward and his shyness really showed. But after 3 hours, I was surprised myself at how sporting he had become and we loosened up.

I'm still very thrilled at how the photos turned out. They're really good! I'm not saying this because they're mine, but Eda really did a good job. I love it!

Here are some of the pictures.





(My personal favourite!)

Eda was also the one who took pictures of my engagement. I think I gave her her big break when I requested for her to be my sort of OP for the event. She has received many requests ever since and I highly recommend her. I know she still has a long way to go but as an amateur I think she's doing pretty well. Do check her out at her official blog or add her at Facebook.

2 Replies:

Jarod Yong October 30, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

Good pictures!
Your friend did a great job!

me October 30, 2010 at 6:10 PM  

that's what i thought! i'll tell her you said so :)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)