Librans

I turned 25 yesterday. No fancy celebration, just me enduring my monthly cram the whole day. Wow, 25 already? Because I sure don't feel like one! Haha

So I didn't really expect any surprises from my friends. Okay, maybe I kinda expected them to do something special on my birthday but definitely not ambushing me in the middle of the night when I was already deep asleep in my duvet! Honestly, that really took me by surprise. Ok, mortified more like it. Reasons being :

1) They now know my "muka bangun tido"
2) Upon opening my eyes, I saw 3 gleefully smiling faces at the head of my bed (If that's not scary enough, I don't know what is)

I sunk deeper into my duvet to hide my embarrassment. After a while, I managed to get out of bed and rushed to the toilet to freshen up. And then I blew the candles with them giggling away, watched by my mum and sister and me in my (thankfully, appropriate) pjs.

Definitely a celebration to remember. I am most touched by the fact that it's a working day and we are all a few hours away of rising up to go to work. Yet, there they were with me on the first struck of midnight on my birthday.





pictures courtesy of them

How can I not love them? :)

I guess this must be what Ina and Nazliah felt when we decided to throw them a surprise too.

We ambushed Ina at her home on the 28th of September after work only to find her shrieking away when we caught her with only her towel on! Haha I mean who wouldn't right? Now that is a total classic!

And a surprise celebration for Nazliah 2 days prior to my birthday at an eatery at 12 midnight. Ironically, we ended up being the ones surprised because she already knew about it as somebody ter'slip' the info. But all was well because we were again surprised because Hudah decided to join us all the way from Bangi. So it was a fair occasion.


25 already? I'm loving it!


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)