3-day trip out of school

Today is the second day I'm out of school. I'm in PPD, joining other JUs (Jurulatih Utama) to settle the SAP marks for the previous SPM trial for all schools in the Klang district. Tomorrow will be the day when we compile all the results and analyse our district's performance in general and identify schools which are still in the 'grey' (weak) group. Indirectly, I'm also working for the Academic Department in PPD.

I can say that I'm lucky to be given the opportunity to be in the team for I am still considered a new teacher, masih lagi setahun jagung. I've been doing this for awhile and I think I like it. I get to meet teachers from other schools, discuss with them on examination related stuffs and learn from the experienced ones how they seem to do it in their schools. With the SAP team, I'm one step ahead from the rest in terms of having all the schools' results in my hands. Not to mention, it will help me with my 'Laporan Prestasi' as I'm involved at the district level. Also it benefited me last year when I got to check my sister's school examination results from the data we received from her school so that I know she's been telling the truth haha

Besides, I can actually spread my wings by getting to know people from the PPD and it's nice when people 'up there' actually acknowledge me because of my frequent visit there. They're actually really nice. So yes, when I'm called for any SAP meeting I am more than happy to be there because a trip out of school is absolutely haven once in a while!

Yesterday, when we have finished collecting the data from schools, I went straight to Subang Empire to meet my mum and sister there. We planned to have lunch and shop for my wedding bed set. We got what we needed at Tangs. However, we couldn't decide on where to eat. Finally, after many trips back and forth on the Ground floor (where most of the eateries were), we agreed on Tarbush - a restaurant serving Lebanese cuisine.

We've been eyeing this place for quite some time when we first saw it at Sunway Pyramid. But since my dad is not a fan of anything other than Malay kampung food and our usual eateries, we didn't have the chance to try Tarbush. Going through the menu, I noticed there were a few authentic dishes and some which I'm familiar with due to my stay in Australia before (thanks MacMuslim Society!). However, the main dishes kinda dissapoint me a bit for most of them were like a fusion dish of some sort. Tak authentic/exotic sangat.

My mum ordered fried dory with briyani rice (see what I mean?). The mayonaise (or was it?) was so delicious! I couldn't make out the ingredient but there was definitely a lot of garlic involved.

I ordered Tawook sandwich (which was superb by the way). Pita bread filled with grilled chicken, special sauce, and lots of vege. I didn't expect it to be served with fries though hehe

And my darling sister ordered Chicken Briyani which was good but not exceptional.

We were absolutely full when we finished our food. Based on what we ordered, I'm giving it a 3/5. We plan to go there again and try some other dishes, especially the shish kebab. Tengok boleh beat the best shish kebab ever tak.

If only Birkenhead Point is just within reach! Oh nyum! *drools*

8 Replies:

sd. October 27, 2010 at 8:00 AM  

tasha.

ada 1 gambar raya kut yang kau pakai shawl dusty peach in facebook. Cane u p using tudung tu ye?

heh. sori tak relevan di sini.

me October 27, 2010 at 12:29 PM  

hah which one? my album raya dah delete. x sure which one.

hehe pusing twice je.

Jarod Yong October 27, 2010 at 11:05 PM  

I'm wondering...
How did you get involved with the JUs?
Did you apply or did the PPD just choose you?

Yazmin Z. October 28, 2010 at 7:15 AM  

Hi Kak Tasha. I'm your silent reader. I just love your blog and your writings! :D Tak boleh follow eh?

sd. October 28, 2010 at 7:37 AM  

aku try macam x jadi. the length kt chest tu x panjang.

tutorial please..


*if u have time la.

me October 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

jarod : my school happens to have one Headcount/SAP JU. The Klang team needs to recruit more people and so the teacher from my school sort of picked me (out of my consent). And I learned from her and I've been following her out ever since. Plus, she's transferring so I'm replacing her post in and out of school :)

nur : hye! thanks for reading. erm, nanti i'll try to do it eh.

sayda : owh hehe ok, nanti aku bagi tutorial :)

Yazmin Z. October 29, 2010 at 5:57 AM  

okay thanks. you remind me a lot of Kak Azrin from Cohort 1 :)

me October 29, 2010 at 7:06 PM  

nur : i've been told that before too. may i ask in what terms? hehe


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)