too much rage

Our school's language lab was brutally vandalised 2 weeks ago. As the lab coordinator (one who is in-charge of the room's use), I was frustrated and angered. The room has always been in good condition although some of the infrastructures couldn't be fully utilised. The language lab was a good alternative for a change of learning environment and my students love the room.

So, when 2 students reported that the lab was in a total mess one morning, I couldn't contain my fury. It baffles me as to how these 'ghosts' entered the lab when it was safely locked (how ironic) and I made my way (together with another teacher) to the so-called crime scene unprepared. As it turned out, the grill had been cut off (don't ask me how) and expectantly, the lab was in dire need of cleaning.

What I saw was enough to make me fume.




They did a smackdown to the teacher's table I suppose

What's worse, they even took off the aircond's cover.


There were even shoe prints all over the walls and on the cushion chairs. We agreed that this was totally an insider's doing and it was purely intentional. I don't know if this was an act of revenge, but nothing was stolen from the room - just vandalised. The doers actually left their mark on the scene by initialing their gang's name on the noticeboard (no pictures taken) - a name identified by another teacher as a gang which students in our school are members of.

I'm just so frustrated I can't even look at the lab without having this guilty thoughts of slamming the students down myself.

Anyway.

Today after my Form 1 students finished their last paper, I brought them to the lab and together we cleaned up the mess and made the lab usable again. I'm so happy that the lab is now better-looking.


I really hope nothing like this would happen again. Then again, a teacher can do as much. Nothing will prepare me for what's going to happen next. Too much rage, ey?

3 Replies:

Jarod Yong November 5, 2010 at 2:38 PM  

Such a wonderful room with comfortable chairs.
This ulu school where got?

And yet stupid spoilt emotional kids want to vandalise it.
I'd do a smackdown on those kids myself!

me November 6, 2010 at 9:20 AM  

*sigh* they really don't know how to appreciate these privileges. and yes, i bet you would!

Anonymous November 7, 2010 at 7:22 PM  

bestnye ade language room!

ok kalau u dpt budak2 tu sekeh kan untuk i tasha!

geramnye! so many activities could be done in such a spacious room. oh my!

sekolah i takde :(


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)