the cake

I don't remember being so obsessed with wedding cakes as much as I do right now.

After reading Kay's post on wedding cakes last month, I was immediately alarmed because I haven't really thought about my wedding cake. I've always known that there will be a cake and that's just as far as it goes. Terrible, I know.

And so my hunt for the wedding cake begun. I googled for wedding cakes images with the preferred theme colour first to get an idea of what design I'd like to have. I have to tell you, it's not easy to decide when there are just too many options and to make it worse, you kinda like them all. I have to say, these cakes have gone through a revolution of some kind! They come in shapes and designs unimaginable! The craftmanship is absolutely amazing.






pictures from Google

Quirky, aren't they? Nak makan pun sayang. Eventually, being me, I decided on a very simple, conventional and classy design for both of our receptions with our respective theme colours. We combined the traditional with a more modern design. We stick to white as one of the colour combination because we think that traditional white wedding cake is still fashionable.



pictures from Google

We chose VanillaPod, one of the bakery suggested by Kay in her entry. Reason for choosing? I just like them. Their blog, to me, offers a lot of information (price and designs ) and most importantly they get back to me almost immediately. In other words, I'm convinced. So, we've met with the founder of VanillaPod, Kak Irma and her husband Abg Ismail. They are a really nice couple and they were very helpful in terms of suggesting the best and they weren't pushy. PR memang bagus.

All in all, we were very satisfied. The only thing is we didn't get to do any cake testing but I'm convinced, still. Because we like them, we've decided to tempah our hantaran cakes with them too Haha Rizal wanted a guitar-shaped cake and he'll be getting his guitar-shaped cake. After all, wedding is about fulfilling our dreams. Bila lagi nak ada cake cantik-cantik macam ni, betul tak?

Boy, I cannot wait to see the outcome!

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)