i'm a peacock, let me fly

That's as funny as it can get. Really.

Justify FullThe Other Guys didn't wow me as much as I expected it to be. Surprisingly, I found myself enjoying only at some scenes of the movie. Truthfully, I am a bit of a loss where this movie is concerned.

Let me tell you why. Albeit its PG13 classification, it's ironic that the so-called bad words weren't censored - at all. In fact, the whole movie wasn't censored of its words and scenes and we had kids as young as 6 in the cinema, watching wide-eyed to supposedly 18sx scenes and dialogues. You have that in translation and it would surely sound so wrong to a kid. I wonder whatever happened to the censorship policy now.

The movie to me, is dirty. It is full of vulgar and dirty jokes that one can only cope at some point. I am one of them. Needless to say, it is hilarious, but downright dirty hilarious. However, one has to have sort of a background knowledge of the Hollywood and LA entertainment scene to catch some of the jokes. If you don't know who Kim Kardashian is, or what the reality TV Jerseyshore is all about, one would surely be lost.

picture from Google

The Other Guys is a guy's version of our chick flick. It is purely a guy's movie as opposed to a common comedy, which I can laugh my heart out throughout the entire story. And yes, it was just the guys in the cinema who laughed real hard, even when that particular scene made no sense. But it's a great movie to unwind to nevertheless. Will Ferrrel is the man!

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)