cerita hujung minggu

My weekend was pretty eventful. On Saturday, my school had its annual Form 5 Graduation Day and Majlis Restu Ilmu.


The day started off kinda bad as I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. To cut things short, I was the last teacher to arrive on the school ground - about the same time the VIP arrived! Haha Just when I thought I could take a breather, one of the boys who will be performing came to me and gave me a heart attack of some kind (I was in-charge of the performance that day). He left the song CD at home! Oh dear! We rushed to his house while the VIP was giving his speech and we reached school just as fast as we went. Phew!

This annual event was held to celebrate the Form 5 students and give them the chance to feel what it's like to be in a robe, receiving their certificates (knowing that this will be the only time for some of them to experience it). It is also the time when the fifth formers sort of 'memohon ampun dan maaf, memohon direstukan ilmu oleh guru' before the SPM.


the 5th formers waiting in-line

the VIP table

the setting

girls in-charge of souvenirs

the kompang boys

Besides the main event, the VIP also officiated a few significant places in the school.

Gerbang Ilmu Hajah Sri - named after our current Principal

The Co-Curriculum Store - which was revamped

'Wadi Hj Mahmud' (named after him) - a gazebo built on a small bridge of a fish pond

Anyway, the event went well. Overall, it was a success. It reminds me of the time when I had my own Fifth Formers' Graduation Night back in high school. How happy I was with my other friends, having the time of our lives. I'm sure the students felt the same.

I rushed home at around noon after I had my lunch because I had to go to Ampang with Rizal to settle wedding related stuffs on his side. It wasn't really a good idea to wade through the traffic to the heart of KL, especially on a Saturday. Plus, it was raining quite heavily so the traffic was slow. But we had no choice as that was the only time we had. I was flat out so I slept most of the way there only to be awakened by the sound of the heavy rain.

When everything was done, it was almost 4pm. The rain had stopped. We then had Pizza Hut which was just below the boutique. The rain made us hungry. After gorging down our food, we then made our way to Farhan's house in Shah Alam. I promised to meet her to pass her my VIP wedding gifts as she has willingly offered to design the Thank You stickers and paste them for me. Thank you so much dear!

And 3-month-old Adam is so so so adorable!! Babies these days grow so fast la. The last time I saw you, you were just a tiny little thing. And now look at you!




Thanks for having us over. And thanks for the pizza, too, but we had to politely decline as we had too much of it already haha I'll see you soon buddy!

I reached home flat out, totally knackered. I was on the go the whole day and I slept almost immediately after Isya'. Besides, I had to get my sleep as I had an early day today too. My photographer friend offered to photoshoot our pre-wed in which we couldn't resist. It was at 9 am at The Curve for we wanted to avoid the public. Well, that would require another post altogether and I can't wait for the photos!

1 Replies:

sd. October 26, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

I cant wait for the photos too!!


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)