familiar fantasy

You have an image of driving, but simply driving away. To drive and then to stop. To a motel, to another city, another state probably. Anonymity. Freedom.

It is a fantasy, one so familiar because you've had such ever since you were twenty. It's just that you've never indulged in it, never once gotten into a car and driven just to see where the road would take you, stopping when you want to, no destination, no time constraints. There have been moments in your life when such a thing might have been arranged.

And yet you have never done it.

4 Replies:

livingblossoms November 4, 2009 at 1:12 PM  

I used to have this dream when I was a teenager. Just grab the keys and drive.See where the road takes me and all.

Now whenever I think about it, so many issues crowd my so called'grown-up' mind. Toll, cost of fuel, angin dalam tayar, car dah service ke, work!, family..omg!!. In the end, that dream, like most of my dreams, ended up in the trash can of my memories.

I hate being a grown-up.

me November 4, 2009 at 5:25 PM  

i guess you're right. on the surface it seems like a perfect fantasy. but beneath it, lies all the things you mentioned.

so many things to think kan

Jarod Yong November 7, 2009 at 12:51 AM  

The holidays are near so I think it's time for a ROAD TRIP!!!
Better get these skeletons out of the closet before you get tied down with marriage!
=)

me November 7, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

yes jarod! so true. maybe i should :)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)