don't stop till you're at the finishing line

As the school semester is nearing to an end, I can't get myself to be happy about it. I should, but I can't because I know I won't be holidaying away as I wish.

First on the list, I was chosen to invigilate the SPM. I can't complain, allowance is provided, the school I am invigilating is just within the area - no hassle, no main roads and no traffics. It's kind of expected so I am not surprised. Just feeling a little bit burdened because this leads to many other, shall I say, tasks?

As I will be away from school earlier before it closes, I have to get so many things done way ahead than the rest of the teachers. Abundance of things need to checked off from the list which I doubt I will manage before I leave. A class teacher has so many in her hands, I wish not to become one next year (which is also very unlikely). Thank God that English papers are always scheduled earlier, so I will have quite some time before I finish all the marking - a task so challenging it requires a strong will on my part *tsk*

And then there's the intensive headcount training as a teacher will be transferred next year. You've guessed it right, she's handing over her (tedious) post to yours truly. Quite wearisome, I would say. Many things to learn, yet so little time.

I really hope I don't have to bring those worries with me down under. Let's have a work-free holiday! Yeay! And let's persevere! (Let it be my mantra for the next 3 weeks or so)

2 Replies:

Jarod Yong November 7, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

One day we shall move from surviving to thriving!
=)

me November 7, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

definitely!


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)