Big Bad Book Sale

I went to the Big Bad Book Sale yesterday (thank you Syada dearest!). One word : madness! I went there with my sister, whom I dragged because I seriously thought she needed a break from her intense revision of Biology.

Amcorp Mall was expectedly crowded, even from the outside. Cars were parked on both sides of the road which caused the traffic to be slow. I was beginning to fret when we couldn't find any parking spot after countless detours. As I saw more and more people coming out carrying with them handful of Big Bad Wolf plastic bags, I was anxious. I wanted to jump out of the car! Alhamdulillah, after half-an-hour of searching, we secured ourselves a spot and later hurried to our destination.

When we reached Level 3, we were panting but all of that was forgotten once we stepped foot into the threshold of the hall. Ahhh, books everywhere!! We wasted no time and started book hunting. Throughout the time I was there, I began to accept the fact that foot-stepping, bums knocking and shoulders brushing are common during book sales (is it?). I guess everyone was just too blinded by books to even notice/feel any of those.

While many carried with them a box full of books, I only had 4 of my choice. Each of them costs RM8 each.

They are :

1. Jhumpa Lahiri - Unaccustomed Earth
2. O.Z. Livaneli - Bliss
3. Chris Cleave - The Other Hand
4. Jacquelyn Mitchard - Cage of Stars

I can say that they were totally a good buy, what with Lahiri's hardcover for only RM 8! It's a good thing I didnt get that the last time I was in MPH. I was hoping I could find more, but after 2 rounds I decided that that was it. These will be sufficient to feed me for another month or two.

We left the place immediately after I have paid as I was beginning to suffocate in the sea of people and unpleasant body odors haha!

4 Replies:

Rosyada December 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM  

tasha,
maybe i'll go tomorrow kot.

hari tu, stumbled upon POPULAR's sale kat ampang point.

dan dah beli 5 buku dah. their prices range from RM3-5!

so, in total, i only spent RM21!

:-)

the collection was not so current but i love the books that i've picked!

probably i shouldn't go to this big bad sale since byk2 buku nanti, x terbaca pulak.

but a sale is always hard to resist!

me December 1, 2009 at 7:28 AM  

wow! bestnya! this big bad sale pun takde la current sgt collection dia, only a few je tapi ok la jugak.

just go for it syada, buy more books and then duduk diam2 hehe

Jarod Yong December 1, 2009 at 12:16 PM  

I cant believe Malaysians are fighting to buy pieces of paper that they wont even read!
hahaha~~

Far Azmi December 1, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

whoaaaaa syoknessss.. i wish they had such book sale in Ktrengganu..hurmhhh


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)