Thai temptations

We had a pre-birthday celebration for Ayah yesterday at one of his favourite restaurant Sri Ayutthaya in Section 13 Subang Jaya. One would never expect such a restaurant to be operating in a 2-row of shop houses in a housing vicinity. I have always loved this particular restaurant because of it's fine dining and it offers you the best taste of Thai you can ever imagine (by my standard, at least). Not to mention the mouth-watery Thai desserts. Plus, it's affordable too.


The decor is nice. Well, nice would be an understatement. As an authentic Thai restaurant, it has this genuine Thai style setup, as authentic as the waiters and waitress were in Thai traditional garment, with their hands put together in a praying manner greeting you with the most alluring "Sawadikaaaap...". The ambiance is topped with endless Thai songs being played which brings out the best of Thai Culture.

Well, let the pictures speak for themselves :


(too bad I didn't snap pictures of the waiters and waitresses)

The dishes :





(from l-r) : beancurd with *insert thai name here* sauce, vege tomyam, asparagus with scallops, sizzling prawn with honey sauce (yummy!!), butter soft shell crab (double yummy!)


And the desserts that we ordered were :

Mango with sweet rice

Sort of Kiwi and Mango ABC with sago (I forgot the name)

It was indeed a good feast. Happy Birthday Ayah!

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)