cluttered mind, an aching heart

Today turned out to be frustrating. I came to school with a good vibe, with a mission to print my class marksheet and individual slips and wrap everything only to discover that quite a number of subject teachers haven't filled in the marks for my class. My mood changed abruptly and I couldn't contain my fury. To me, this is just unacceptable.

I wasn't in school for 2 days, a duration long enough for each one of them to key-in the marks. I had done so before I left for each class that I am teaching to save the hassle for the class teachers. I remember rushing to the IT lab everyday to ensure it's not occupied so that I can get my task done. But no, apparently, they aren't that thoughtful. In the end, I had to key-in those marks myself -- a task which took double the time I estimated that I had to cancel the plan I had with my mum, which is double the frustration.

Being a class teacher is not easy. Especially when it involves examination marks. Cooperation is the key but it is also a hard thing to get when everyone thinks they are the busiest in the school. But even if you are, what's the harm in making time? I can do it, why can't they? One person can really slow down your work and that's what I hate most.

Is it any wonder why I have become slightly calculative.

3 Replies:

mimisyamimi November 21, 2009 at 9:07 AM  

Couldn't agree more.. being a class teacher is not easy. huhu~

Jarod Yong November 21, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

At times like these, I always thicken my face & gently tell these teachers off no matter how old they are.

While in my heart I'm thinking...
Dont you dare mess with me, bitch!
Dont use your lousy family as an excuse.
So what if you're married.
DO YOUR WORK!

me November 21, 2009 at 11:03 PM  

mimi : kan? byk sgt kerja!!

jarod : i tried, but apparently i always give way to their 'kesian' look and 'old' age. haisshh, makan hati la. yes, i agree with you. so what if you're married? so what if you're older? work has to be done!


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)