sit tight and pay no attention

After today, I now know where I stand. And I was right by keeping my distance from certain colleagues.

There's a reason why people always say when you don't have anything to talk about, then just zip it. Sometimes, when your mouth just can't stop something will slip. And when that something something slips, you'd be lucky enough if it's not being circulated. Apparently, people can twist your words and even manipulate you. Not to mention, they eye you like a hawk. I wonder, is it just my school that these kind of people exist? And why is it so typical of a school to be associated with such kind.

I am still searching for people who makes me comfortable in my own skin. But I can't seem to find any yet. Apparently, searching for a friend is as difficult as making one.

3 Replies:

dira November 13, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

and as difficult as being one perhaps? although mungkin tak relevant sgt dgn cerita u here but sometimes that thought occurs to me jugak.

:)

me November 13, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

yes dira. u are definitely right. i hope i am being a good friend to my small circle of friends :)

i know for a fact u r a thoughtful one :)

Jarod Yong November 13, 2009 at 7:13 PM  

It happens in almost every office setting.
There will always be a person who has such a dull life that he or she will have to hawk on other people for interesting stories to share with his or her buddies.
Glad that you're keeping a distance.
Show them what it means to be professional.


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)