straight from the heart

I found this picture in one of the albums. Just looking at it forms a lump in my throat.

How happy my parents looked over their first bundle of joy. So much hope and expectations. Over the years they took care of me, made sure I received the best of education, attention and love, and most importantly they shaped me to become the best of human being. There was never a time when I felt neglected, lack of love or when my needs were never being attended or fulfilled.

I know I tend to be hard-headed at times, that my actions disappoint them, and I don't usually listen. Because that's just who I am. But I do hope that I have made them proud. I hope I met their expectations of a person that they wished I would be. Decades have passed. I have grown into a young woman and they have witnessed me blossomed, at every stage of my life.

And I love them for a childhood that was never gray and for all the years they stood by me, patiently and lovingly. Because they are the best of parents that I could ever asked for.


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)