undomestic goddess

After this morning, I can say that I still have a long way to go to become a domestic goddess. Why? It took me half an hour to actually figure the washing machine out (which is kinda stupid) although mom has pre-briefed me about it. Half-an-hour! How to get married like this? Basuh baju guna washing machine pun terkial-kial lagi! Such time wasted when I could have done other household chores.

You see, mom's currently not at home. She's been warded to the hospital yesterday for she is very low in hemoglobin (like 6 low). The doctor freaked out (more than mama) that he insisted mama to be warded immediately. So the house and its content has been left for me to look after since ayah is taking care of her.

The house is kinda dead when mama's not around. I guess the heart's of a house sure is the mother. She makes the house alive and breathing for she runs it. I'm not complaining about the chores--not at all. They made me appreciate mama more. It's just that while I was throwing the thrash, it hits me that she's been doing these all her life! She quit her job right after I was born to take care of me and my siblings and she's been a stayed home mom ever since. She sacrificed everything. And she has never complained.

I wonder if things might have been different had she not quit her job; if the three of us might have turned out to be different beings.

I hope mama gets well soon.

For now, I think I do mama proud because the house is in good hands. Haha I've done everything it feels like I'm a superwoman. Now, to the gym!

3 Replies:

Rosyada May 24, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

mums are amazing, aren't they?

and it took us 24 years to REALLY realise/appreciate it!

huhu

sd. May 25, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

to mama t.

get well soon.

kan x sempat g convo.

mimisyamimi May 31, 2009 at 6:30 PM  

Way to go Tasha..hihi..
Btw, mi link Tasha nye blog yer~ hehe mintak izin...


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)