read 'em books!

It's already the fifth month of the year and it is by far the year of the slath for me. By that I mean in reading. Unlike previous years, I have only managed to finish 2 novels in 5 months and to me that's quite a shameful achievement.

It took me approximately 3 months to finish Shalimar the Clown. It is undoubtedly a thick book of 649 pages. It traveled to quite a number of places outside of Selangor with me, but still, progression was very snail-like.

Then, I bought The Book Thief--dated 2 months back--which apparently I finished 2 days ago.

I seriously recommend this book regardless of it being a Young Adult. I love it!

Yesterday, I went on a mission to splurge on numerous books which I have been eyeing. However, I got frsutrated when I couldn't get most of the books that I wanted. But, one book saved the day (yeay!) :I hope to finish it by the end of this month before I can indulge in other unputdownable books. And that reminds me, I have Lionel Shriver's The Post-Birthday World--I might have forgotten its existence--to waddle my way through; a book which I have read not even a quarter of it. Shame!

So let's not waste any time, shall we?

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)