daily laughters

I know I've said this countless times before and I'm going to say it again for the umpteenth time; I have weird-behaving students--and with 'weird' I mean unnerving, discomforting acts which somehow seize me into laughter.

My Form 2 boy, Fazdil, was acting all gloomy one morning. Resisting the urge to ignore (he's one attention seeker and he's like a volcano always erupting at the most unexpected times), I politely asked him,"Fazdil, kenapa sedih?"

Fazdil, with his head cupped in his hands, looked up to me with the most miserable-looking face I've ever seen and whined, "Teacherrrr, saya macam nak demam sebab saya tak dapat belasah orang harini....".

I was statued to the ground. And yes, he actually said 'belasah'. I didn't even respond to him.

**********
And what do you do when a boy said this so matter-of-factly :

"Teacher, saya nak kahwin dengan teacher. Ayah teacher dah bagi green light"

(Another voice interrupted :"Kau BM pun gagal, ada hati nak kahwin dengan teacher")

"Takpe teacher, BM gagal takpe. Yang penting hantaran"

***********

A boy shuffled all the way to the teacher's table to pass-up his book because... well, just because. Tak paham.

************

In the midst of a lesson, my Form 4 boy came to the front and hit hard on a girl's head and went back to his seat like nothing happened. Poor girl cried real bad. I can totally tolerate ADHD, but that eluded me.

************

Where else can you get such daily perks? :)

5 Replies:

Rosyada May 19, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

"yang penting hantaran"

ROTFL

sd. May 20, 2009 at 9:11 AM  

ha ha.

wonderful kids u have back there.

yet, headache.

niena May 20, 2009 at 9:06 PM  

omg..rindu sekolah (err sekolah yg b4 tkc)..no chance la nk ade memories cmni kt tkc~ hehe

njoy teaching tasha :) bile nk kawin? hehe

Ummu Yousuf May 23, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

oh dear, tasha!
*speechless*

me May 23, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

niena : ermm when the right time comes i will hehe

tmc : oh my! u've found your way here hehe oh yess, i know some friends mcm speechless when i told them of my stories. but after awhile, i get used to it already :)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)