it's not there

Lately, I don't feel fulfilled--or maybe I've finally realised that I don't accomplish much. This barrenness I'm feeling makes me anxious; makes me want to venture more but I can't quite unveil the vagueness.

I wish I am more of an opportunist. I know I can do so much by just stepping out of my cistern. But I don't. And they say, things won't come dropping from the sky by just wishing. You have to work for it--and that's the root of all my problems.

I have been grappling, too. On quite a number of things, actually. Makes me wonder whether I have sidetracked that much. I yearn for something. I long for that hole to be filled in. I miss that soothing feeling that pulls me back, whenever I know I have gone a tad too far astray.

I want that familiar contentment. Where is it, I wonder?

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)