will i be patient enough?

4 years ago, I looked forward to this year with such disdain. Back then, another 4 years seemed like a long, never-ending road. I was even calculating on my life whether or not I would live to feel what being 24 is like. Looking back, those 4 years spent to get to today was nothing. Well, to say 'nothing' is probably an understatement because loads had happened actually. But what I'm trying to say is that 4 years came and went just as fast.

4 years ago, I was 20 years old. Still a teenager. I felt so young. And it was prior to the year that I flew to Australia and became a resident there for 2 years. Now, it has been 2 years since I came back for good.

See? 4 years are nothing. I bid goodbye and I was welcomed home again--in a blink of an eye.

4 years ago, I envisioned the day when I would be completing my degree. Now, it will only be a matter of time when the much-valued scroll of paper will be handed to me.

4 years ago, I never thought that I would reach this stage; that I will be turning 24 come October 4th (wow!). The fact that I even made it to my 24th year of existence is something that I should be really thankful for and not take it for granted.

So I ask myself now: What does waiting another 3 years can do to me? After all, I've gone through 4 solid years without even realising that I've made it this far.

But still, 3 years down the road surely isn't a short wait. And I'm not getting any younger, too. How? I don't think I'm good at coaxing myself.

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.

I hope so.

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)