when everything seems surreal

One more day. Why is it so hard to believe? It never occured to me that my life is really about to change come Saturday in ways that I can never imagine (or expected). This whole week, I've experienced a whirlwind of emotions which are quite difficult to comprehend, really.

Not that I didn't see it coming but I've written before that I appear very calm to many people. I was surprised myself at how cool I am taking this marriage thingy and the fact that I never once had a second thought (!). I mean, it's big right? Now that it's nearer (so near I can almost envision what's going to happen), the beating of the heart seems to grow faster that it scares me sometimes.

Getting married is a big thing. I'm building a new home with a person that I personally chose, the one I vowed to spend the rest of my life with and come what may, we'll still be together through thick and thin. We've had the most wonderful 8 years together and we will embark on a new beautiful journey in a matter of hours. Hours! If that's not overwhelming enough.

I'm praying, and hoping and wishing that everything (I mean everything from the majlis, to the akad, my outfit, the make-up, the food, the weather, the hantarans, the tok kadi) will turn out absolutely okay. And if ever I cry that day, let it be tears of joy and contentment. Not simply because I am (going to be) a legal wife to him, but also because He answers my prayers.

Please pray for us, friends, that everything will be made easy InsyaAllah. To Kay Kamal, Selamat Bernikah esok! My prayers and best wishes to you and Luqman.


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)