sweet escape

I have so many things to complain about but I rather not make them publicly. Dumb people do exist and some of them happen to be teachers. I guess that's enough to at least make me feel at ease and I can breathe easy.

Such headache and heartache I have to endure. But I guess I could give it a leeway.

********

I guess it was just last week when I secretly wished to be sent out for courses and my wish was granted on Tuesday morning when my PK HEM gave me a letter, requiring me to attend a course. My heart leaped -- a 3-day course meant 3 days out of school. That prospect was exhilarating enough.

I had loads of fun 3 days prior when attending a program by JPS for all English teachers in the state of Selangor. All of us convened at Goldcourse Hotel, Klang (my hometown). Little did I know that I would meet up with another 5 IPBArians whom I dearly missed. It turned out to be a mini reunion and the best part was when I stayed in the same room as Nina and Julli. Reminds me of the good old days when we were still the occupants of Pangsapuri Lembah Pantai. The other three ladies were Syada, Hanida and Sheila Sima and there was another lady from Cohort One, too. We were wondering whether Syahir would come but he was nowhere to be found. We were even excited when the coordinator announced that an IPBA lecturer would come on the last day to give out a talk (we later found out the person was Mr. Aslam), but he couldn't due to some reasons.

Since we are all in the line of teaching, we talked about the same things : our students, our duties as class teachers, our GKMP/KP, HEADCOUNTS (!), our burnt Saturdays, and some goss each brought with us haha I think most of us enjoyed being out of school so much we dreaded when Thursday came -- the last day of the program. Being back to school meant mounting workload and more. But as usual, good things must come to an end and happiness is always short-lived when we're having too much fun.

This program was especially memorable not only because I met up with some old friends, I also bumped into my school teachers!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Pn. Sarah Spencer (my secondary school teacher) and Pn. Juliet (she taught me in Standard 6). They haven't changed much. And it is unbelievable to see them still in this field after almost 14 years! And one of their student is already a teacher. I guess I still have a long way to go -- if I decide to stay that long.

All in all, the program--Program Pemantapan Guru - The Teacher as a Practitioner, was great. The food was excellent and we nourished ourselves 5 times a day! As Jarod put it, if the food is good then the event is good too regardless of how bad it actually turned out. But in this case, both food and event were fantastic. New information and knowledge gained although most of the content presented was nothing new. To nicely put it, old things were presented in a new light which I see as a good method to be used in the classroom.

So there. The event which highlighted my week that today's happening could easily be forgotten.

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)