a blissful first week

The first week of the second semester has ended. And it wasn't as bad and stressful as I thought it would be. I managed to get many things done, which is also beyond belief -- ultimately being updating the report cards, completing the tedious and daunting task of keying-in all the students' marks, and getting them all printed and all ready to be given to parents for the upcoming Report Card Day next Saturday. I can't help but feel so proud of myself as this is usually the most dreaded task a teacher has to face and I normally get it done by the 11th hour. You'd have to understand, a teacher doesn't have that much of a free time and to be able to have it all under the belt is pretty high of a personal achievement.

Besides, The classes I'm teaching behaved unexpectedly good which took me by surprise as 'goodly behaved' is not them by nature. I suppose it's still the first week of schooling and they are in the 'warming-up' stage. Their true colours will be unleashed come next week, I'm pretty sure.

Or maybe they're being nice to me after the misfortune I had. I gotta tell you, it received quite a rave in the school. When I came to school the next day, I felt like a celebrity. I had to stop every 5 steps to satisfy teachers' and students' inquiries and having to repeat the story wasn't fun. It was fun at first, being in the spotlight. In the end, it started to get very annoying and I tried to avoid contact from any beings. I was literally exhausted talking of the same thing the whole day. But I appreciate their concern and now I know that my students actually love me. Haha! You should see the worried look they wore on their faces. Quite amusing, I would say.

So yes, it's Friday but it hasn't end yet for me. I still have to go to school tomorow for we are having another (hopefully the last) Kursus Perkembangan Staf.

Nothing to be excited about but at least I had the most 'aggravating' task done. Major!

1 Replies:

n.i.s.n.m June 20, 2009 at 4:52 AM  

tasha!!!or shall i call you cikgu tasha.hehe.

yes,am STILL here.*sigh*
in a week, i'll be finishing my 4th year, and if all goes well, will be graduating in july'10.

glad that u're blogging again ;)
tc!


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)