Mood swings

Been having mood swings for the last couple of days. Probably the last thing I would expect to deal with right now.

My emotion has been very brittle if I may put it that way. I feel elated, at times, very anxious. I don't think I have gone as far as being depressed but little little things seem to upset me much. Then I'll snap. And then I'll cry.

With just a few days away from my EDD, I worry about this sudden mood change of mine. I know family members are trying to let me be, for they either understand or they simply are being oblivious. My husband's been putting up his 'silence' whenever he senses my moodiness, but even that backfires - I became more upset.

So tell me mummies, is this normal? Have any of you gone through similar experience?

The books said nothing so I googled about this. Apparently, it is normal. Mood swings flares during the first trimester, eases during the second, and reappears at the later stages of the third trimester. Hurrm, question has been answered I guess.

I also think it could be stemmed from fatigue, too. Sleeplessness, anxiety, and well, fatigue.

I continuously recite the dhikr and istighfar. I just hope that I will feel more at ease on days leading to my due date.

2 Replies:

Anonymous December 24, 2011 at 10:00 PM  

Salam, Tasha. I would suggest you to find things or activities that will make you calm..happy..get distracted by doing things that you love..
Macam Tiqah dulu,minat sangat cycling..sampai dah 37th week, petang je nak cycle keliling taman..hoho..even though bahaya, tp suami and in laws lepaskan je..sian sangat tgk Tiqah merayu nak cycling..hihi..yela kalo tgk dari belakang, badan ok je. Kalo dari tepi, masyaAllah..perut nak meletup dah orang kate..haha..
Tenangkan hati dengan baca Quran after solat..keep reciting zikrullah..insyaAllah, Allah permudahkan urusan Tasya dan family. Tiqah doakan Tasya sentiasa kuat dan tenang dalam menunggu D-day ni. Hugssssssss~ =)Mama Wa'ie Zuhayr

me December 24, 2011 at 10:30 PM  

As salam Tiqah.

Thanks so much for your suggestion and well wishes. Memang skrg try to distract myself from this by finding something that makes me happy and i make du'a and recite the Qur'an all the time so that I will not be so caught up with my emotions.

Mudah-mudahan, insyaAllah!

*Hugs*


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)