Put on hold

3 years have passed since I graduated. With a Bachelor of Education (TESOL) scroll in hand, it has gotten me this far.




3 years of teaching experience in a suburb school has somewhat moulded me into becoming an individual that has matured in thinking and behaviour. At least I'd like to think so. I am still revolving, am striving to be the best and make a difference for I know I haven't quenched every fibre of my being into becoming a very dedicated teacher. I have challenges of my own just like friends in the 'jungles' and the 'rurals', but I know I have touched some lives and I know I have brought a wind of change where learning English is concerned.

I have a long way to go, still, and I am determined to prove others and most importantly myself, of what else that I can contribute.

Beneath all that, however, lies a dream. A dream I have longed dreamt that it has eventually become a promise to self that I am yet to fulfil. I have carried it with me even before I graduated, made a pact with a few close friends about it. Thinking about it now makes me feel ashamed of myself for not grasping it like some of my friends who already did.

My dream is simple. Just like you (and many others, I am sure), I wish to pursue my Masters. No, I want to pursue my Masters.

Those three years could have been a good start, but I didn't make a move. I don't know what was holding me back but I know I was too focused and too tied up adjusting myself in my career. Fatigue and countless frustrations have shoved this dream at the back of my head for a while, until it was eventually forgotten.

Then, I was busy preparing for my wedding. Another reason not to even think about it. In the midst of it all, I still had conversations with a close friend about it and the question "Whatever happened to your enthusiasm and your promise?" was like a shot to the heart. I didn't have an answer. "Promise me that you will pursue your Masters ok" was all she said in return.

And I took her words and remember them until this very day. Thanks V, I promised myself that I will.

pictures from Google

When would be an issue itself, considering the circumstances I am in right now. But I think I have to stop making excuses. If I want this, I have to live my dream and go for it. I know this has to come with some sacrifications, but I believe in faith and rezeki and I know mine is there somewhere.

It's either you want it or you don't.

4 Replies:

ronapasley December 21, 2011 at 10:09 PM  

hi tasha,

ni wanya. i have been your silent reader since a few months back.

i am currently pursuing MBA part time. baru 1st sem. i must say that it is a tough journey so far.. to juggle work and married life..

but, i wish you all the best cause realizing your dream is definitely worth every sacrifice.

And congrats too on the soon to be bundle of joy!!

me December 22, 2011 at 7:37 AM  

Hi wanya!! How are you? Thanks for dropping by :) I get many similar responses about pursuing MBA when you are already married and especially when you have a little kid to look after. I am not going to lie and say that I am not the least affected,but if everyone can do it and willing to take the risk and sacrifice, I say why not? I really really hope that I get to do this :) Thanks Wanya and you take care! All the best with your MBA journey :)

dayana January 20, 2012 at 11:36 PM  

you can do it tasha :)...when the right time comes, you'll just now..and when it does, you'll do it well for sure, insyaAllah. :)

me January 21, 2012 at 12:23 AM  

InsyaAllah, Dayana! I hope so :)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)