my holiday

I am so happy that my career has frequent breaks. A teacher definitely needs that rest after a semester or a few hectic months to pump themselves up for the upcoming schooling session.

Though it is deemed as a privilege, others might not know that it is not our right (hak). That is why holidays is sometimes not a holiday after all. Being 'bugged' is common and expected. That is why you would still see teachers going to school on every other day during the break and that is inevitable.

Throughout my teaching, I have never had a peaceful holiday so to speak. I still made my way to school for some unfinished business and as one who is supposedly 'yang menurut perintah', you can't say no.

The first year, I was invigilating and I made my way back and forth to school because I had to accept a new post as one teacher got transferred. So I was in school for a few briefing sessions (handing over of duty). The second year I was on duty for Koperasi and my school's invigilator. The next thing you know, it was already time for the teachers' meeting and others and then school reopened without you even realising it. Luckily it was also the year I got married, so I wasn't 'bugged' that much.

This year, the holidays is very much looked forward to because it would be the start of my long break. That is why, this year I am so so relieved and grateful that I am due during the holidays (talking about good planning, eh?) - which means, no phone calls or no text messages that require my being in school.

Only that didn't exactly happen.

I still had to be on Koperasi duty with the students - only I was given the privilege of a 2-day duty and at the start of the holiday. Then, I had to come for a short HEM meeting regarding next year's class arrangement since I won't be around when school starts (nak jugak buat meeting masa cuti). And I was called by my PK1 regarding Headcount and its folder (Examination Unit) because apparently she couldn't find the data. I don't blame her though, because it was in my keep at my place. So, I made my way to school to give her the file and update it.

Last Friday was my last dealing with school as I 'officially' handed over my duty and post as Penyelaras Headcount & SAPS to a colleague who (thankfully) accepted my 'offer' over a short briefing session at Starbucks. It was the only time she was free as she was involved with the SPM marking, so it can't be helped - as long as it is not in school!

So, right now my mind is school-free! I try not to think about it too much ( I still do at times especially regarding Headcount and SAPS) because I know my colleague will do a great job. InsyaAllah, all will be fine.

I don't want to envision the workload once I get back to school after 90 days (aaahhhh, such bliss!). For now, I am just going to enjoy my break and anticipate the great joy that is coming anytime now :)

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)