The difference for No.2

Many people have asked me, "How is this pregnancy different?"

Well, I'd say it is different in a few aspects; emotionally (especially) and physically.

Emotionally
Like I have shared before, I have been grappling with my unstable emotional condition for quite some time, especially in the early trimester. It could be due to the excessive hormones or it's just me (or the baby hehe) I still experience it now and then but it's more controlled, unlike before. While I didn't experience this during Luqman's time, I'd say it's a totally different feel this time around.

Physically 
This, I can say, a tremendous difference than the first one. Firstly, a noticeable feature is that I am not gaining as much weight like I did before - a sign that I am carrying a girl (many would say). But it's true. I can feel it. At 28 weeks, I only gained 9kg so far despite my ferocious appetite. Before, I was a balloon at this stage and I had started to experience swollen feet due to water retention. None of that yet, for now.

My belly isn't as pronounced, but nothing to worry because alhamdulillah baby is growing well, active and kicking. She's been gaining weight and her size is proportionate, too, insyaAllah.

No symptoms of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome yet. Neither do I experience any jolting of the leg's muscle at night while sleeping (phew!) No itchiness or rashes on the belly (yeay!). But, the back pain still persists. 

As for morning sickness, nothing too serious, just mild ones like before. Alhamdulillah!

No heartburn, too.

Having said all that, there is one more thing that is totally different than the first. Ever since my earlier check-ups, I was told by the doctor that I have low-lying placenta. It wasn't to be worried because it will eventually rise later but up to the 6th month, it is still low-lying. I was lucky that I didn't experience any bleeding, like most cases. At that, my worry grew because the risk of having a low-lying placenta (if it still doesn't rise) is a c-sec or I'd be bed-ridden during the last trimester to avoid any sudden bleeding or emergencies. Yes, it is that serious. 

The cause? Nothing. I was briefed that it just happens even if I had a normal pregnancy and delivery before.

The doctor said to wait until the 7th month, when it would normally go up. So you could imagine how nervous and anxious I was when I went for my check-up this morning. 

And syukur, alhamdulillah, it's no more low-lying! 

"Tidak menghalang saluran bersalin"

I was sooooo relieved I couldn't stop smiling and praising the Almighty. Whatever the doctor said after those words were not paid attention to. In my mind, I was alhamdulillah alhamdulillah insyaAllah normal vaginal delivery

So yes, we are hoping for the best insyaAllah. A few more months to go. Oh how time flies!

2 Replies:

"L" January 22, 2013 at 4:02 AM  

same mcm el dulu..
hari2 sujud lama2 and hari2 solat hajat and hari2 pujuk nuh suruh naikkan plasenta :p

me January 22, 2013 at 7:49 AM  

Same here. Syukur sangat. Hopefully semua oklah nanti :)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)