ABC - A Birthday Celebration

On the 5th of January, we held Luqman's 1st birthday celebration. I am so grateful that everything (well, almost) went as planned despite the heavy downpour prior to the occasion. I was worried that the party would be dragged to a later time and everything will be postponed but alhamdulillah all is well.

Didn't think that we could pull it off although it was just a small event. It gave me, especially, a great satisfaction knowing that most of the decos and ideas were DIY. I can't remember the last time I was this creative and dedicated and I have to admit they turned out pretty awesome, too! Haha Special thanks to my family who helped a lot and who willingly contributed ideas and energy to make sure everything goes as planned.

The theme was ABC Alphabet Party. 

The invitation :

 
 

Below are some pictures taken on that day courtesy of family and friends :
Table centerpiece







Birthday boy with his Alphabet Blocks Birthday Cake

 
 With my family and in-laws
Our button badges

 Badges for the guests

(Have to wait for more pics from the photographer)

Overall, it was a good get together and quite a number of dear friends whom I haven't met for quite some time turned up.

Luqman was a bit cranky that day as he was sleepy and tired but I figured he had a good time. 

Thank you so much to all who came and it really meant the world to us. To think that some came all the way from Semenyih, KL, and the jam that they had to endure (KESAS was jammed badly that day due to an accident) we can never be more grateful.

We were all exhausted, yes, but one that filled with so much love and joy alhamdulillah. 

"So, since Luqman had his first birthday celebration, I guess his sister will have to have one, too" hubby told me.

"You know what? Hers can wait until she's three" I answered.

Penat wey! haha

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)