going away

I still remember the time when I was waiting to be informed of my posting 3 years ago. For months I was anxious to know where I was destined to teach.

For days now I have been feeling anxious for my brother who is now in my shoes.
That feeling ended once the result was out.

He got posted to Johor.

Truthfully, I wasn't surprised, because deep down I have always known that he will be going somewhere farther than me. He is to report himself to his new school this coming Monday.

I am still sad (despite the relief) that he will be going south soon. The rest of us, too. It is not known where exactly in Johor he will be teaching, which adds on to the overwhelming anxiety. If only the department responsible had released the details sooner and not until a few days prior to their reporting. There are definitely a lot of things to settle.

But, I believe in fate and rizkh. If Johor is where he is to start anew, then Johor it is. I am sure he has many to offer to kids over there. And I know he will definitely do well wherever it is he is heading.

I am so going to miss him.

Raya 2011 (my brother and the then pregnant me)

Look at the bright side. There's a reason to plan for a trip down south and that includes going to Singapore too :)

1 Replies:

Jarod Yong February 19, 2012 at 11:46 AM  

Your brother is his own man now.
He will rock Johore & impact the students there with genuine heart & ingenious ideas.
I wish him all the best.

p/s: Tell him to shave. PLEASE.


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)