Aqiqah and Cukur Jambul

It was Luqman's aqiqah and cukur jambul ceremony last Sunday.

Alhamdulillah, everything went well although I was still in my pantang. We didn't expect many to turn up since we were informed of many who couldn't make it as it was a long 4-day break that weekend. Alhamdulillah, rezeki Luqman, who was 1 month 1 week old that day.

Now no more hair! :)

Luqman was behaving really good that day from beginning until the end. He slept most of the time and was quiet when he was awake. I was so relieved that he didn't cry or wail when the cukur jambul ceremony took place.


We also held a simple tahlil, right after the cukur jambul.

I, for the most part, was so happy to meet many friends and relatives. I appreciate those who came all the way from as far as Kedah to fulfill our invitation. And thank you for the lovely gifts, too!

Food wasn't wasted - what was left was sufficient for us family to have again for dinner that night. Alhamdulillah.

The highlight of the day was surely the kambing golek - for the aqiqah's purpose. So delicious!

The only downside of the day would be my mum's missing handphone. I am just so frustrated that someone could even think of stealing the host's personal belonging at such sacred event. Of course, the blame would be put on her for leaving it everywhere, but a person with a right mind and a conscience would just leave what's not yours be, right?

Anyway, I'll feast you with some other photos taken from my brother's camera and some from friends' Facebook.


Will have to wait for the official photos from Fikri, whom we hired again ;)

This is Fikri by the way :)

Another significant event marked :)

4 Replies:

Nadia Bakly February 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM  

Your mom's phone hilang? eii sape tak tau malu, takde pedoman gi ambik hp host tu? sgt saiko! takpe, looking it at the bright side, your mom will get a new hp! :)

me February 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM  

Tula! Takpela, takde rezeki. Like u said, she got herself a new one already. Susah takde hp :)

Mommy Brella February 9, 2012 at 9:09 AM  

tasha, sorry cudnt make it. i went to book fair n lepas tu rase penat sgt n tak larat nak ke mana2 dah. Alhandulillah everytg went well :)
meriah betul! and u looked glowing too! hehe xabes pantang lagi kan? take care k, sure penat bila buat kenduri kendara time pantang kan..

me February 9, 2012 at 10:32 AM  

It's ok Dayah! We will meet one day. Yes, alhamdulillah it went well. Penat tu biasala, But I was all happy dpt jumpa orang. Thanks for the compliment!


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)