baby language

Not too long ago, there was this rave about a video posted, reposted and shared on Facebook. Every mum and mothers-to-be seem to be fascinated about it. I was among one of them.

It is called the Dunstan Baby Language video - a discovery made by Priscilla Dunstan about the 5 universal baby language that babies used to communicate with adults.

In this video, which was recorded during one of the episodes on Oprah Winfrey Show, it revealed the secret of baby talk.

In that video, Dunstan discussed 5 words and what they meant :

1. Neh - hungy
2. Owh - sleepy
3. Heh - discomfort
4. Eh - burp
5. Eair - lower gas

Before I had Luqman, I told myself that I had to give it a try and experiment it. I was and still am amazed at such discovery and how true they are.

The first word I alerted myself to was Eh. Luqman made that just a few minutes after he had his feeding and I literally referred to my notes to see what it meant. I scooped him up and patted his back a few times and he was quiet! And he burped right after, alhamdulillah!

The most common words that Luqman utter are Neh, Heh and Eh. Let's just say that I hung on to the notes for a few days before I could totally master the maening of every word. Everything was easy after a while.

It is such a breeze now that I know what's bothering Luqman and I get to attend to his needs.

Have a look at the video here if you haven't already (sorry, I can't seem to upload the video I don't know why)

4 Replies:

Mommy Brella February 4, 2012 at 5:17 PM  

sgt2 informative!
nak start practice/ memorising it skrg boleh xagak2? ;)

me February 4, 2012 at 7:00 PM  

Kan? Boleh je, why not?

Mula2 you will not realise the sounds made. After a while baru mcm sedar, eh, could it be?

All the best Dayah!

Jarod Yong February 5, 2012 at 1:16 PM  

Babies are amazing, aren't they?
We're learning new things about them all the time! =)

me February 6, 2012 at 12:45 AM  

Yes they are! I learn new things from my son everyday.


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)