a difficult one

I think it is high time for me to speak my mind to some (read : one) insensitive people who think the world revolves (only) around them.

And that is not even the first time I am having such thoughts. I have lost count of how many times I've decided to proceed with such confrontation that it has become quite embarrassing to even have it crossed my mind again.

Confrontation is never easy. Even if you have all the guts in the world, it's never going to be a straightforward kinda thing. Consequences are bound to be negative. And even if you have dealt with it lucratively, things might never be the same again for both parties. I guess people don't like to be told of the ugly truth.

Options : Let them be, and you will feel guilty when more and more people start to criticize. And you pun keep on makan hati. Or, meet head-on and be ready to get spat. Or not.

I don't know. I really feel I'm not the best person to do such thing, because I know things might not be the same again if I do. But somehow I feel obliged to do so; to prove that I am not weak, and I am not someone others can step on and take granted for. Too many a time I've felt like a fool, that I am the cause of everything that's happened in their lives, and that my feelings are worthless compared to theirs'.

I could have just done it when I had the chance, but I simply let it float away. Apparently, I still have my senses and I feel that the altercation might be the last thing that should take place. You see I have a kind heart (or so I think) or maybe I'm just saving the embarrassment for the both of us. I don't know. I might be heavily one-sided but I know for the most part, I am not wrong.

Seriously. I wish they could see what other people see.

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)