get me out of here!

I'm not going to talk about school no matter how terrible the urge is. I'm not. It's just so depressing. It's the usual stuff which might not interest anyone -- most of my friends are teachers, they wouldn't want to read something that they already know.

So. Apart from school, my social life is now defined by going to (just) weddings -- many of them on every weekend. And that's about it. Nothing more. Jaya Jusco Bukit Tinggi is as far as the perimeter goes -- even that haven is just 10 minutes away from my house. Totally pathetic, I know. But the 5 days spent in school always wiped me out and I just don't have the energy to meronggeng come the weekends. I forget what Sunway Pyramid feels like, I long to stroll happily on OU's ground, and for the most part I hardly get out of Klang!! How sad is that? And that being said, of course I hardly have time to catch up with friends. I totally suck at this. I feel sorry for myself because I know this shouldn't be the reason for not acquanting.

Thank God 21st August is just lurking around the corner. Oh yes, I see you!! I cannot wait for the one week break to come for obvious reasons. Just like Syada said, "the academic calender shouldn't stretch more than 4 weeks long", for the sake of a teacher's sanity. Seriously.

And so I will just have to wait for another week to pass by oh so very slowly. Sheesshh...

p/s : I read Jaime's and Faa's blog and I realised just how much I miss my fellow IPBArians. And I found this picture and God, it brought back good memories. Saya rindu semua orang!!

4 Replies:

sd. August 13, 2009 at 7:59 AM  

eh.

tu macam hosmet ake je.

ye ke? :p

livingblossoms August 17, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

hi tasha..

I guess when you enter working life, it will never be the same as the days when you were studying. Less time to socialize and you're tired most of the time.

However remember, you have to make time for yourself too. In order to avoid burning out, make time for some coffee sessions with friends, talk to your parents and once a month, go shopping. We both know retail therapy is stress relieving.hehe.

I used to work in a VERY stressful environment(so i kinda understand). The few things I mentioned above helped me 'stay alive'.hehe.

hope this helps..

p/s- what happens on the 21st?

me August 17, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

hey jinan!! thanks for the suggestions. yes, i do one of those once in a while but i guess i need to do them more often and not think about school too much. yes, the work is never-ending, but it will be settled eventually kan?

that's y i cant wait for the 21st. it's the school holidays jinan!! haha i bet ramai yg x tau pun unless ur a teacher or u have younger siblings hehe once u leave school dah x amek tau pun hehe

Haneesa August 21, 2009 at 2:46 PM  

yeay! 21st is here. you must be so happy!

happy fasting and have a good holiday :)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)