what started out as bitter

I made my Form 4 students write a short paragraph to a friend who met with an accident recently. The purpose of this task was for them to learn how to express their concern and sympathy using the appropriate language. I prepared the get-well-soon cards beforehand and all they had to do was write in it and use their creativity by designing a suitable cover. Out of the six (this is a groupwork), this particular card won hands down. It's not so much about the cover, but what's inside :

"Dear Shahrul you are good friend, How are you? I very bz so I cannot visit you. Don't cry you cry I cry. How accident happen? I hope you head very very small. I pray you helty. Call me now 017-8875674. No credit don't call!!

I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. This has got to be the most funny and most original piece of writing from a student I had ever read. And this coming from the most troubled boy in school, one who was expelled once, and also one who more often than not make me feel like quitting.

But I guess this is a good start. It made my day. I've never been so happy.

5 Replies:

Rosyada July 3, 2009 at 3:37 PM  

rotfl

you cry i cry??

sgt comel :-)

Haneesa July 3, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

lol, this is really cute even if his english is all broken. at least he tried, huh?

well, the wonders of being a teacher... :)

sd. July 3, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

no credit dont call!!

menang lah.


hahahah.

ROTL.

acom July 4, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

haha..aku rase tu yang paling sincere.

i hope you head very very small - LOL!!

bukan die call kawan yang sakit ok, die yang mintak orang tu call die..baik sungguh kawan yang sorang ni..

rase nak pecah perut ni..hehe

me July 5, 2009 at 6:31 PM  

syada : yes, it's cute!! never fails to make me smile.

kakak : the fact that he even tried was such a big thing for me. you have to understand, he's the kind yang hardly sits tight and he comes in and out of the class as he pleases. so yes, truly rewarding :)

sd : hahaha tu la kan?

acom : the boy shahrul is also in the same class. and he has a big head (literally). so tu yang die cakap pasal his head hehe you know la boys..!


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)