a day off


It feels so good to have the day off and just chill at home. It's my first leave of the year and I don't quite know how to feel. I've never called in sick before, even during my practicum so yes, it's new to me. Somehow, I feel a tinge of guilt for abandoning school for one day, but I can't force myself to go through a day of school in pain and facing them kids will only worsen it.

So I spent half of the day reading The Gathering which I bought recently. Only a quarter through and I don't regret buying it. Unputdownable, although I read and slept intermittently.

Apparently resting can be tiring, too. I didn't know what else to do. Going out is not an option -- that would beat the purpose of me taking leave in the first place. I didn't watch the telly just because. After all, there aren't many interesting shows on a weekday morning. So yes, my companion was the book -- even mom moves on with her daily chores and left me alone to rest.

And somehow, some people can't just leave me alone. My not coming to school today seems to bother them much, I guess. Aku cuti rehat pon orang nak kacau. Please lah. I mean, school stuffs can wait, can't they? In this case, I wish telephones were never invented.


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)