let the pictures tell

Let me introduce you to some of them who have somewhat become part of my life.

Form 2 Siantan, my class. While they are considered the weakest class, I enjoy teaching them so much that I don't mind going into the class many time. They are willing to learn. An innocent and naive bunch and each one of them has a story to tell. They've touched my heart in every single way possible and they made me realise that if I quit, not only I'm quitting on them but I'm giving up on myself too. So the thought of leaving is always halted when they come to mind.


My ernest-looking students

Form 3 Anggerik/3 Bakawali. I teach them PJK and I meet them once a week. A very easy group to teach (they are the the better streamed classes). But when it comes to physical activities, they are quite reluctant. That is why I make it a point to do interesting activities come every Wednesday to get them to participate. These pictures below were taken during one of our sessions when we did Artistic Gymnastic. There are 2 gymnasts from these classes so it adds on to the fun as they demonstrated most of the moves. Then I divided them into groups to include all the moves I have taught (including their creative movements) and present it along with the song which I have picked, We Rock from the movie Camprock. Boy, were they happy or what! This was probably the best of our PJK sessions and they wanted more!



Denisa doing the cartwheel move



The 'bunga kuncup' formation


They pretty much look the same that I get confused most of the time :)


Lastly, Form 2 Mawar. Oh well, what can I say? Read here to know :)


The infamous trio of 2 Mawar






I can safely say that I have found my footing in teaching. Yes, patience is bitter but the fruit is sweet. And I love them all, truly :)

4 Replies:

Rosyada July 11, 2009 at 12:41 PM  

wow, tasha cikgu pjk yg berdedikasi (read: bukan cikgu pjk "remote control")

:-)

acom July 12, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

haha, tengok la meja budak2 ni..macam2 ditoreh di lukisnye..and look at the infamous trio of 2 mawar!!..gangster yang cpmel ok.. xD

tasya, u r born to be 'the teacher'..

well, am proud of having a teacher as my fren..

two thumb up tasya..keep up the good work okay..

sd. July 12, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

wah!

t teaches PJK!

i can see ur oily face in the pic.:p

well done dear. keep it up.

Tay Li Neo September 1, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

Hi Cik Tasha,

My name is Tay and I'm doing a project for my Masters Degree. It involves a questionnaire to PJK teachers like yourself. Would appreciate if you could participate by filling out the questionnaire.

Hope to hear from you soon. Please contact me at taylineo@gmail.com.

Best Regards,
Tay


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)