definitely, maybe.

I have every reason not to think about school too much – the one week holiday which I had anticipated ever since the Chinese New Year holidays and the fact that I have been overworked ever since I first started. However, I failed. Never a day that passes by without having my school in thoughts. Weird, considering how badly I want to free my mind from it.

I’ve been thinking about my students and what I want to do with them once the school commences. I’ve been thinking about the upcoming English Week and the things that I will be in-charge of. I’ve been thinking about the week when the checking of books of my Form 4 will take place. Yadi yada bla bla bla. All the things which are school-related, you name them, they are constantly on my mind.

Perhaps, I like being occupied. I like it when there are so many things to do with so little time in hand. Maybe, I like being in the staffroom with the ever so friendly teachers. Maybe, I like it when students pay me a surprise visit when they make a de tour to my place on their way to the toilet or on their way back to the classroom. Or possibly, I like being in school, where everything is so hectic yet so perfect. I like it when time flies damn fast when I’m busy.

Now, while I am relaxing at home like nobody’s business, I don’t feel right. It’s like there is something which I have not completed. It’s like there are things which need to be attended, but I can’t quite figure it out. I guess my days aren’t that eventful.

I guess what I’m trying to say is this : Tasha cannot wait to get back to school.

And that is really something.

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)