14 years.

Met Nazliah for lunch today. She looked so radiant and absolutely cute with her swollen belly hehe I can't quite register the very fact that she is going to be a mother soon. Oh boy. It's just unbelievable. I touched her belly. It felt surprisingly ... soft. All this while I thought it would feel just like the watermelon. She talked about how the baby's been kicking more furiously this time (auwwww), the preparation she's been doing, and a whole lot of things which I must admit, were quite new to me. And I can't quite believe I'm having such conversation with my beloved. I'm sure she's all ecstatic, counting the days.


Although married and soon going to be a mom, I'm happy that we're pretty much on the same wavelength. For the most part, we can still talk about things that we used to chat about many many years ago. Of course, she has a husband to talk about and her in-laws. But we still share the same interests. Her priorities might have changed and we don't meet or talk that often, but I know we are both here to stay.

Nazliah is one of the longest and oldest pal I have ever known. We were both really young when we first met and knew each other. At 7, who would have thought that the friendship would last to this very day. She might not know all of my secrets and there were times when I don't run to her for support, I know we are still the best of friends. I know I am not known of certain things in her life, but I don't mind, really. If you ask me, it's really hard to define our friendship because we're not like how best friends would normally be. But I know we absolutely cherish each other's existence and the joy that one brings to the other.

I know that I have hurt her before and I wished I could have said the right things, but I guess those things somehow made me realised what kind of a friend I am and has been. That sometimes, I can be quite ignorant and insensitive. That I might be just a tad too egoistic.

Our lives are so much intertwined that I guess we can't really run away from each other haha Our parents are friends. Our younger sisters go to the same school and like us (too) they have known each other since they first stepped foot into primary.

Oh well. It's been 14 years, babe. I guess we're growing old together. Hehe

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)