(un)prepared

I got a jolt yesterday realising that I am just a month's away from my delivery and I have prepared NOTHING for the baby! Yes, you heard me - nothing. 

I am so occupied with so many things that I barely have time to think about little girl (sorry honey!) and I feel really really bad. I do think of what to get, what to do, etc but they're all just mentally calculated and it's always "Oh, this can wait". I have this calm feeling that everything will be sorted out eventually but yesterday the realisation just hit home and I am now freaking out!

I told my husband and he's not even helping. Being the unexceptionally calm person he is, he just went "Well, don't you worry. We still have time". Right.

And time is something that flies by really quick.

I still have some sorting out to do from Luqman's baby rompers. You know, the ones which colours are not so gendered. I am sure little girl won't mind the hand-me-downs :) 

And, to overcome the empowering guilt, I bought this yesterday for little sunshine :

*

*

*

*

*

*


Apparently, this is the only one filling her wardrobe. For now. *tsk!*

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)