Cloth frenzy

I am the type who would just buy ready made baju kurung for any occasion, especially Hari Raya. I can't even remember the last time I bought any cloth to be tailored. To me, it is such a hassle to search for the cloth, send it to be sewn, which if add everything together, can be quite costly.

I prefer to buy them. Plus, I am lucky because I seem to fit the sizes. And, there are just so many to choose (in fact too many) from; the material, designs, colours, that my life is made easier!

So when I was told that we're going to search for cloth and send it for tailoring for my brother-in-law's upcoming wedding, I was suddenly excited and a little dreadful for I know how it can be such a hassle; the choosing process - if you know what I mean.

One minute you're okay with that colour, and then you suddenly become indecisive and start looking for another one. Just when you're almost decided, another colour or design catches your eye and in the end, deciding on the material becomes so so difficult.
I am so relieved that my sis-in-law helped to ease everything. We went to Jakel a few days ago together with our MIL and searched for the decided material. I was in awe of the many kain there. Like seriously! Berapa kali je pun jejak kaki kat Jakel. And it was my first purchase there. Yang tak gila kain (like me) pun dah start to palpitate. I can only imagine those who are. Cloth frenzy!

So after almost 2 hours, we managed to get the cloth for us ladies, our husbands and kids alhamdulillah. I love the colour because I have never had any baju kurung in that. Pretty excited!

 

But first, I have exactly 3 weeks after my delivery to slim down so that I can (hopefully) fit the baju and look good for the wedding! Tsk! Good luck to me :)

2 Replies:

MommyDayahz February 13, 2013 at 7:34 AM  

Boleh nyerrrr...kan ade PB!!
jeng jeng jeng hihih

me February 13, 2013 at 10:32 AM  

haha let's hope so!


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)