Another family addition

Ever since we knew that we're expecting, we sort of nonchalantly decided that a helper is needed once the second baby comes out. This is to help my mum cope with taking care of her 2 grandchildren at the same time making sure the house is in order. Since we will be living on our own soon, we wouldn't mind an extra hand in the household.

The search for one was done. Called here and there, asked around for contacts, and almost gave up at one point because apparently it is just so difficult to secure one. Maids are in high demand if you don't already know. 

And then the nation was shakened by the unfortunate incident of that 4-month-old baby boy who was unforgivingly abused by his maid which angered us all. We questioned our decision there and then whether a maid is really necessary. It was again finally decided that yes, we need her. 

We constantly prayed hard that we will be granted one, especially now that my due is nearing. And alhamdulillah, He heard our prayers. My aunty delivered us the good news that a maid will be arriving at our doorstep soon (in fact too soon-she'll be here tomorrow!). Syukur. What a rezeki :)

While we are all relieved, we are also silently agreeing to the fact that it is going to be a bit awkward having a stranger in the house. We have never had a maid before so we don't know how to act as employers, especially giving orders. We definitely have a lot to learn and also to teach her. And we have to get used to the fact that she'll be tagging on most of the outings (well, at least for now).

For now, she will be staying at my parents' place until our house is ready. As her arrival is somewhat unexpectedly early, we are currently clearing the back room for her to reside and transporting some stuffs out to provide more space for her.

I personally am anxious and nervous to meet this new family addition. I really hope that she is trustworthy and dependable. Most importantly one who is a practising Muslim. As a single mum herself, I pray that she will have that motherly instinct and conscience in her.

Until tomorrow comes, we are keeping our reservations to ourselves. May Allah ease everything, amin!

2 Replies:

L March 1, 2013 at 7:07 PM  

tash,

nanti cube try suruh die bace bacaan solat or ape2 ayat..
cause my bro nye maid xtau solat langsung
kitorang suspect agent tipu..
hanya tau mengucap (sehari pun bleh hafal)
hrp2 tasha punye ok
yang penting babies selamat ;)

me March 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM  

alhamdulillah dia solat and so far she is okay.

harap2 berkekalan. she only takes care of housework but kitorg let luqman mingle dgn dia gak. just to let him get used to her being around.


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)