A day off

I took my first medical leave this year today - as opposed to my resolution not to since I will be on a long leave soon. Well, I believe one should listen to her body, especially when she's pregnant. And I did just that because I didn't think I could survive a day in school today when I was awakened at 5 am.

My stomach was like a volcano waiting to erupt. It was queasy, the sound it made was unpleasant and as a result, many trips to the loo which was annoyingly tiring. I suspected diarrhea. To complete the package, I vomited a few times. By 6 am, my stomach was empty and painful. I was a weak bloated lady by then. That's when I decided I need the day off.

Had my breakfast but my stomach was still doing its somersault. I wanted to eat more but I just can't due to the queasiness. Poor baby. Went to the clinic and doctor told me it was something that I ate. At that time, my stomach was gassy due to not eating. I was shivering at one point, too. 

Drove home while eating (I was too hungry). Reached home, took my medication, breastfed Luqman and together we both dozed off till noon. I felt much better after that, and had lunch that mom prepared and felt even better.

Lesson learnt : Maggi goreng mamak with tempoyak, no matter how delicious, is not good for you; pregnant or not pregnant. 

Oh well, I believe my staying home for today has its hikmah too. Besides resting, at least I got to complete some of my pending work which is just neverending. Alhamdulillah. 

6 Replies:

Hidayati Farhan March 4, 2013 at 8:40 PM  

Hihi, kes mkn tempoyak la ye ni. Same la dgn kita. Pagi2 bole sarapan nasi lemak dgn tempoyak. Smpai org kagum2 sbb mkn tempoyak pagi2. End up, sakit perut la jugak. Take care tasha :-)

Mommy Brella March 5, 2013 at 12:46 AM  

omg tasha!!!
u better jg mkn camtu dah k...ish ish...nasib baik la tak jadi pe2..
cirit birit time preggy mmg sangat menyiksakan. oh well, hope u had good rest. take care!!

sd. March 5, 2013 at 8:09 AM  

still breasfeeding abg luqman, i respect la u babe. take good care ummi.

me March 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM  

Hidayati : tempoyak tu sangat sedap that's why couldn't resist. walaupun dalam hati tau mesti ada effects nanti

Dayah : u know when at one point u just feel like eating unhealthily? haha nilah akibatnya. thanks alhamdulillah had a good rest.

Sayda : alhamdulillah still ada rezeki luqman :)

Jarod Yong March 8, 2013 at 1:08 AM  

I've got tempoyak too! I take it as a relish with my food once in a while when I'm looking for an extra zing in my meals.

Anyway, what kind of crazy idea was it to have Maggi + Tempoyak when you're pregnant? OMG.

Do take care & watch your diet, woman!

me March 9, 2013 at 3:29 AM  

Jarod : Yeah it was crazy! Weird cravings and tastebud made one do that. Lesson learnt!:)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)