Book shopping

Like years before, I didn't want to miss out on the most awaited book sale of the year so off I went with my brother to this year's Big Bad Wolf Book Sale at the Mines Convention Centre yesterday.

 
At the entrance

We arrived around 10am (we could even smell the books from the stairs leading up to the place) so the hall wasn't buzzing with people yet so happily we strolled in and got lost in the pleasure of seeing lots and lots of books around us!


We both went separate ways. I hurriedly made my way to the children's section. My main mission for the day was to grab suitable books for Luqman. It drove me crazy.


I felt like having them all. Yes, everything was just too cute and necessary (?). So what I did was to chunk everything that caught my eye in the box and sort them out later. I did a few rounds of that section leaving the box at one place and then came back later if I found anything interesting to add. The box got heavier that I wasn't fit to carry it around like I am not pregnant haha

 
The sorting out session

One final check

And we're ready to go!
 
Before paying, I went to the Cooking Section as well as the Family Section to get some books for myself. I remember years before, I only visited the Fiction Section and didn't bother about the others. Things have definitely changed, ey? Haha I just made a quick pass at the Fiction Section and consoled myself that I will come back to them later (I am saving it for a next trip with a friend!).

At the exit - resting for a minute

The Kids' Corner situated outside the hall, at the exit

After about 3 hours spent, we drove home feeling contented for the day. At least for now. 

So, what did I grab?

Happy Luqman checking out his books. We'll read them together okay little boy?

 
 Easy preparing recipe books - pretty much a lazy bum am I? Time is everything baby! hehe


Recipe books for kids - love them!

 
A baby journal/scrapbook - just felt like having it for the second baby because I had one for Luqman before. Plus, it's only RM8!

 
A vocabulary Power Calendar Pack. Thought it would be a great teaching aid. Now I am thinking that I should have bought more for the English Panel. It's only RM8. Hurmm

And, I bought a Big Bad Wolf shirt for my husband since he doesn't read that much and I didn't know what book to get him haha

Sold at RM29.90. There were other designs and colours available, too.

I am so happy I went. Anticipating the next trip!

2 Replies:

sd. December 11, 2012 at 9:06 AM  

so how much they all together?

me December 11, 2012 at 9:22 AM  

For that many, they only cost RM181 :)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)