Being grateful

I am trying not to complain as much as I can because I know I shouldn't in the first place.

Tired. Well, who doesn't? We all are. 

Too much too handle. Well, always remember the ones on our plate are just a tiny portion of that of others'.

Bored. Well, we all get bored at one point of our lives. Just go and do something different that will transport you out of your boredom, no? 
 
Complaining doesn't change a thing. It will only make you a person with many excuses and you'll become weak. Everytime I feel like complaining (voicing it out), I stop myself. I am sure we are all quick to articulate things that displease us (guilty!) together with the sighing. Well, it does feel good to iron out the crumple but how long does the satisfaction lingers? You'll feel better but later on, you'll have this tinge of guilt creeping in. That you shouldn't have in the first place. That you might have hurt someone along the way. 

We all should feel content and blessed. Whatever that we have now, the things that we have to go through every single day (no matter how routine and mundane), cherish them. Because once they're taken away, we'll soon realise how they colour our lives and shape us, even.

They are all tests from the Almighty. The hardships, those feelings we're feeling. I believe in that. 

Stop complaining and start improving. 
(A very great reminder to self, too)

I am grateful, alhamdulillah. 

2 Replies:

Hidayati Farhan December 20, 2012 at 8:36 PM  

Honestly, i feel the same. Selalu nk complain. Bila ank cranky, rs penat, lpstu mengeluh, ada rs nk termarah ank sendiri. Tp, bila fikir org lain yg try mcm2 nk dpt ank, trus insaf. Yeahh, a great reminder for myself also :-)

me December 21, 2012 at 1:42 AM  

True that. Anak tulah anugerah dan ujian.

Sometimes when anak cranky2, merengek, we always say that they are giving us a hard time but do we realise that they are actually having a difficult time? We should know better kan.

Bak kata my hubby, 'Mak mana yang tak penat?'

:)


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)