keeping myself occupied

I think I could get used to this.

Waking up everyday to my baby boy, feed him (after mum bathes him), watch his eyes fail him, shake legs, go online, get ready for his next feed, shake legs some more, sleep, watch tv if I want to, change his nappies and well ..., shake legs some more.

I have never felt so relaxed (now that I have found my footing in e-verything and stabilised my maternal instinct). Even if I have to work from home. Yes, I do! Been getting calls but I don't mind. We've worked things out, alhamdulillah. Anyway, I am not going to talk about work (sheesshh!)

What's been keeping me occupied so far? (besides being a mother, of course)

Guess what? I've fallen trap into online shopping. Yes, you heard me! Surprise surprise. My husband has been turning a deaf ear (or he pretends to be) when told of my purchases or to-be-purchases :) It's difficult when everything is just a click away, is it? How ironic! Itchy hands!

Besides, I also indulge in more leisure reading. Since now I am a mother, I read a lot on parenting and just about everything I need to know on handling a newborn. Can't say that I don't end up with a headache everytime. There's just so much to know and to do! Well, baby steps people, baby steps. One step at a time and insyaAllah we can do it!

And last but not least, 3 months of maternity leave is the time to realise my main goal - going way back when I was first confirmed pregnant. This has also become my ultimate new year resolution - lose the fat and get back in shape! :)

I still have another 10kgs to shed (tsk!) but I am happy with my current weight loss too, considering how much I gained last time.

Wish me luck!

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)