get it?

Being married is a lot different in a sense that my priorities have now shifted. I embraced that very fact even before I got married. I think it doesn't get a person to be married to understand this.

So I get very upset and offended when some people (and even friends) just don't get it that my movements and time with them seem to be limited nowadays due to this very reason. As much as I'd like to meet them, have a chat over a drink, I can't do that on every single working night can I? I admit I've been keeping it very low ever since I got married and that's by choice not because my husband is a controlling freak. He has been really nice and sweet to allow me to meet my friends and sometimes go have dinner and breakfast with them at times. Even so, I feel bad for leaving him at home.

It's quite frustrating when people misinterpret my preference (or others' for that matter) for wanting to be at home with my husband as 'enslaving myself to him'. Like, hello? It's not like I never went out of the house. It's just that my social circle now is limited to my immediate family and really close friends. I never questioned your act or attitude even when you're married yourself (with a kid, may I add). You choose to go out and socialize more and I don't, so don't compare our marriages and our husbands (Okay, this is getting very personal and specific, I know haha).

So my point is, being married does change your lifestyle and your social life. Don't question it. Yes, you will still hang out and meet up with friends. While it was frequent before, now not so much. Even so, it is still your choice. Just don't drag the husbands into this and don't ever ever talk about others' marriages.

Get it?

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)