only words

"I started knowing myself the day I stopped pleasing you" - Sue Sylvester from Glee

If there's one thing about Glee that I absolutely love, it's what the casts utter. I looked forward to every episode for any phrases that are worth quoting and there seem to be many. They make me laugh and cry. For the most part, I love Glee for the sarcasm it delivers. The above line was from yesterday's episode, in which I cried watching. It was simply beautiful and it touched my heart in every way. Well of course the line above was not in the beautiful part. More like in the scene where Sue was having a feud with her mother. But I like it all the same.

I was surprised I cried that bad, really. It was probably because the ending part centers on family and how beautiful and sacred weddings can be. The words, the toast proposed - they're all simple yet they get to the heart. Plus, the Bruno Mars' songs were simply a perfect coating to all of that.

Words are really beautiful if they are uttered sincerely and straight from the heart.

0 Replies:


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)