workplace

Like many of you out there, our workplace is one venue which we cannot run away from. It's like our second home. To some, the workplace is the only ground which they can be free of family's weight or any other problems. It's a place where they can take refuge from personal issues that seem pressing.

As for me, the school is the one place that I too, cannot run away from, whether I like it or not. It used to be an institution where I received my 11 years of education. Now, it has become a place where I report myself everyday as an educator.

At the mention of my school's name (or any other school for that matter), I can almost feel the stress building inside of me. At one point, it gave out that negative connotation which fellow teachers can relate to. My workplace can be the most stressful working setting ever but it can also be the most fun place to be. To be honest, I can count the days when I really really looked forward to be in school.

Is it that bad, you might ask. Well, I say it depends. It could be far worse that one can imagine. To me, it's not the teaching that is dreadful. The students I can tolerate. But it's the other stuffs that bog me. Other stuffs which include the never-ending paperwork, other stuffs which are too time consuming, other stuffs which are too petty to be attended by a teacher. In a nutshell, this 'other stuffs' which a teacher has to do all year round that's taxing, not too mention tiresome.

But, I quite enjoy this madness. On some days, I feel like I am having a breeze at work despite the hectic and chaos of moving here and there, having to juggle everything. At the end of the day, I feel like a superwoman, not believing that I actually managed everything pretty well. But on every other day, I can't help but wonder why me? And why here? You get the idea.

My point is, as much as we hate our workplace, try to see the silver lining. Consider it as our home, where we feel an instinctive connection to, a sense of belonging although it can be really difficult sometimes. You'll be surprised how optimism and positivity can change everything. As for me, I see it this way : My workplace is where geniuses and talented ones are and will be born. And I will be the one giving birth to them.

If that isn't fun enough, I don't know what is :)

1 Replies:

Haneesa January 28, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

wah, such optimism! i wish i could be as positive as you. heh


The Writer

The Writer
I am a wife, a mother, and a teacher by profession. At times a pessimist and one who is easily amused. I find comfort once entering the threshold of my bedroom. I write because I want to and it makes me feel good :)